Joint Faculty Rebuilding and Renewal Implementation Task Force
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost Darnell Hunt and Academic Senate Chair Jessica Cattelino have agreed to co-charge a Joint Faculty Rebuilding and Renewal Implementation Task Force to create and oversee an implementation plan of measures to rebuild and renew UCLA’s faculty in the context of pandemic impact and longer-term trends regarding student-to-faculty ratio, instructional support, faculty workload, and wellbeing. Comprised of UCLA leaders representing the faculty and administrative offices with decision-making power, the Task Force will be guided by the Academic Senate’s Faculty Rebuilding and Renewal Initiative and by the joint Senate-Administration systemwide Mitigating COVID-19 Impacts on Faculty Working Group Final Report.
- Michael Levine Committee Co-Chair, Vice Chancellor, Academic Personnel
- Kathleen McGarry Committee Co-Chair, Professor, Economics and past Chair, University Committee on Planning and Budget of the UC Systemwide Academic Senate
- Allison Baird-James Interim Vice Chancellor and CFO
- Erin Debenport Associate Professor of Anthropology, and Chair, College Faculty Executive Committee
- Megan Sweeney Professor of Sociology and past chair, UCLA Academic Senate Faculty Welfare Committee
- Roger Wakimoto Vice Chancellor for Research and Creative Activities