To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next Vice Provost for International Affairs at UCLA.
Linda Rosenstock, dean of the School of Public Health, serves as chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Onyebuchi A. Arah – associate professor of epidemiology
- Jason Cong – Chancellor’s Professor of Computer Science and co-director, UCLA-PKU Joint Research Institute in Science and Engineering
- Sebastian Edwards – Henry Ford II Professor of International Economics
- David H. Gere – professor of world arts and cultures and director, Art and Global Health Center
- Gail Kligman – professor of sociology and director, Center for European and Eurasian Studies
- Michael F. Lofchie – professor of political science and associate dean, social sciences
- Meyer Luskin – chairman, president and CEO, Scope Industries
- Aamir R. Mufti – associate professor of comparative literature
- Adey Nyamathi – associate dean for international research and scholarly activities and Audrienne H. Moseley Endowed Chair, School of Nursing
- Kal Raustiala – professor of law and director, UCLA Ronald W. Burkle Center for International Relations
- Thomas B. Smith – professor of ecology and evolutionary biology and director, Center for Tropical Research, UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
- Ren Sun – professor of molecular and medical pharmacology and senior associate dean for graduate studies, David Geffen School of Medicine
- Kevin Terraciano – professor of history; chair, Latin American Studies interdepartmental program; and interim director, Latin American Institute
To enhance the search effort, we have commissioned an executive search firm, Witt/Kieffer, represented by Mary Elizabeth (Beth) Taylor.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well-qualified for the position. Please forward inquiries, nominations and applications to UCLAInternational@wittkieffer.com (electronic submission preferred). Address inquiries to Beth Taylor at 212-686-2676.
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new vice provost, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the new vice provost, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive searches in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003), or write to InternationalVPsearch@conet.ucla.edu. All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost