It is more important than ever to promote and develop the skills to discuss complex and difficult subjects in a way that does not deepen divisions. Given the diversity of the UCLA campus, our community is not always aligned on important and topical issues. The Dialogue across Difference Initiative aims to model and promote the values of intellectual engagement, curiosity, empathy, active listening, and critical thinking through a series of campus events, classes, informal learning opportunities, and social programming.
Student Leadership Opportunities
The Dialogue across Difference (DaD) Student Leadership Program uses a cohort model to engage students on foundational DaD principles, philosophies, and perspectives and support students in developing student-generated DaD programming for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Participate in monthly cohort convenings and collaborative work sessions during the fall, winter, and spring quarters
- Work in small groups to conceptualize, coordinate and implement programming that promotes dialogue across difference and its values
- Model the values of the program among peers and the broader campus community
Selected Students will Receive:
- Support and training on the principles, philosophies and perspectives behind dialogue across difference
- Unique opportunities to meet new people, build community and experience exciting aspects of campus life
- A $1,500 stipend ($500 per quarter)
No longer accepting online applications.