UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty in the School of Law, and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the UCLA School of Law.
Franklin D. Gilliam Jr., dean of the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
• Stephen M. Bainbridge – William D. Warren Distinguished Professor of Law
• Clarence H. Braddock III – professor of medicine; chief medical education officer; vice dean for education
• Scott Cummings – professor of law
• Laura E. Gómez – vice dean and professor of law
• Marjorie Kagawa Singer – professor of public health and Asian American studies
• Alicia Miñana de Lovelace – member, UCLA Law Board of Advisors
• Alexandria Ruiz – UCLA Law Class of 2016; vice president, UCLA Law Student Bar Association; co-chair, La Raza Law Students Association
• David O. Sears – distinguished professor of psychology and political science
• Seana Shiffrin – Pete Kameron Professor of Law and Social Justice and professor of philosophy
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. Please email inquiries, nominations and applications to LawDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu.
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new dean, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the UCLA School of Law, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org). All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost