Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the UCLA School of Law
UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Vice Chancellors, School of Law Faculty
I am pleased to announce the appointment of a search/advisory committee charged with identifying candidates for dean of the UCLA School of Law.
Judy D. Olian, Dean and John E. Anderson Chair of Management in the UCLA Anderson School of Management, serves as chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Kathryn A. Atchison – Vice Provost, Intellectual Property and Industry Relations; Associate Vice Chancellor for Research; Professor of Dentistry; Professor of Health Services
- James D. C. Barrall – Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP; Member, School of Law Board of Advisors
- Devon Carbado – Vice Dean and Professor of Law
- Arleen Leibowitz – Professor of Public Policy
- Jennifer L. Mnookin – Professor of Law
- Kevin Reed – Vice Chancellor for Legal Affairs and Associate General Counsel
- Michael Seiden – UCLA Law Class of 2011
- Kirk Stark – Professor of Law
- Eric Zolt – Professor of Law
To enhance the search effort, we have commissioned an executive search firm, Korn/Ferry International, represented by consultants John F. Amer, Esq., and Caroline W. Nahas.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well-qualified for the position. Please forward inquiries, nominations and applications to LawDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu.
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee and consultants are gathering information for the search and seek input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new dean, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the new dean, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please write to LawDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu. All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost