Search/Advisory Committee: Vice Provost for Diversity and Faculty Development
UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next UCLA vice provost for faculty development and coordinator for diversity.
Judith L. Smith, Dean and Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, serves as chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Carole H. Browner – Professor of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences/Anthropology/Women’s Studies
- Alicia Gaspar de Alba – Professor and Chair of the Department of Chicana/o Studies
- Andrea Ghez – Professor of Physics and Astronomy
- Lynn Gordon – Associate Professor of Ophthalmology; Associate Dean for Academic Diversity, David Geffen School of Medicine
- Lane Ryo Hirabayashi – Professor and Chair of the Department of Asian American Studies
- Darnell M. Hunt – Professor of Sociology; Director of the Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies
- James Schultz – Professor and Chair of the Department of Germanic Languages
Following is the position announcement, as recently circulated. Once again, I invite you to nominate any individuals you feel are exceptionally well-qualified and/or express your own interest in the position. Please forward inquiries, nominations and applications to DiversityVPsearch@conet.ucla.edu. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
As a critical part of the search process, the committee welcomes input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new vice provost; current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the new vice provost; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you wish to provide input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive searches in the Office of the Chancellor, at 310-206-8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost