Search/Advisory Committee: Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate Division
Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the Graduate Division at UCLA.
Ronald J. Mellor, distinguished professor of history, serves as chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Antonio E. Bernardo – professor of finance
- Alessandro Duranti – professor of anthropology and dean, Division of Social Sciences
- Carlos V. Grijalva – professor of psychology and associate dean, Graduate Division
- Adrienne G. Lavine – professor and chair, department of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- David E. Lopez – professor of sociology
- M. Carrie Miceli – professor of microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics
- Janina Montero – vice chancellor, student affairs
- Chon A. Noriega – professor of film, television and digital media; and director, Chicano Studies Research Center
- Michael A. North – professor of English
- Neil H. Parker – professor of medicine and senior associate dean, student affairs and graduate medical education
- Gregory S. Payne – professor of biological chemistry
- Marilyn N. Raphael – professor and chair, department of geography
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well-qualified for the position. Please forward inquiries, nominations and applications to GradDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu.
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new vice provost/dean, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the new vice provost/dean, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive searches in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003), or write to email@example.com. All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost