Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies
UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, GSE&IS Faculty and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies.
David O. Sears, distinguished professor of psychology and political science, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
· Abeer Alwan – professor of electrical engineering and member of the UCLA Lab School board of advisors
· Sibyll Carnochan Catalan – member of the UCLA Lab School board of advisors
· Mitchell J. Chang – professor of education, higher education and organizational change division
· Anne J. Gilliland – professor of information studies and moving image archive studies
· Tyrone Howard – professor of education, urban schooling division
· Gregory Leazer – associate professor and chair, information studies
· Alicia Miñana de Lovelace – member of the GSE&IS board of visitors
· Kevin S. Reed – vice chancellor for legal affairs
· Daniel G. Solórzano – professor of education, social science and comparative education division
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well-qualified for the position. Please forward inquiries, nominations and applications to GSEISDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu(electronic submission preferred).
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new dean, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the new dean, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive searches in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003), or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost