Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the UCLA School of Public Health
UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, School of Public Health Faculty, and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the UCLA School of Public Health.
Judy Olian, dean of the UCLA Anderson School of Management, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Onyebuchi Arah – associate professor of epidemiology; associate dean for global health, UCLA School of Public Health; director, UCLA Center for Global and Immigrant Health
- Ron Brookmeyer – professor of biostatistics
- Jonathan E. Fielding – director of public health, Los Angeles County; professor of health services and pediatrics
- Patricia Ganz – professor of health services and medicine
- Marjorie Kagawa Singer – professor of community health sciences and Asian American studies
- Thomas Rice – professor of health services
- Beate Ritz – vice chair and professor of epidemiology; professor of environmental health sciences and neurology
- Fernando Torres-Gil – chair and professor of social welfare; professor of public policy; director, Center for Policy Research on Aging
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Witt/Kieffer, represented by Mary Elizabeth (Beth) Taylor.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well-qualified for the position. Please forward inquiries, nominations and applications to UCLAPublicHealth@wittkieffer.com (electronic submission preferred). Address inquiries to Beth Taylor at 212-686-2676.
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new dean, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the new dean, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive searches in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003), or write to PublicHealthSearch@conet.ucla.edu. All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost