UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty, UCLA Extension Instructors and Staff, and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates to be the next Dean of Continuing Education and UCLA Extension.
Kathryn Atchison, vice provost for new collaborative initiatives, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Ali Behdad – John Charles Hillis Professor of Literature and chair of the department of English
- Jim Davis – vice provost for information technology
- Barbara Drucker – professor of art and associate dean of academic affairs, School of the Arts and Architecture
- Dominique M. Hanssens – Bud Knapp Professor of Marketing, Anderson School of Management
- Christopher S. Lynch – professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Kieran P. Nolan – Vice President, AT&T West; Member, UCLA Extension Dean’s Advisory Board
- Paul M. Ong – professor of urban planning, social welfare and Asian American studies
- Marilyn N. Raphael – professor and chair of the department of geography
- Marcelo M. Suárez-Orozco – dean of the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. Please email inquiries, nominations and applications to ExtensionDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu.
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new dean, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for UCLA Extension, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive searches in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org). All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost