UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science, and Vice Chancellors
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science (HSSEAS) at UCLA.
Joseph Rudnick, dean of the Division of Physical Sciences, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Asad Abidi – Distinguished Chancellor’s Professor, electrical engineering department
- Jane Chang – William F. Seyer Professor of Materials Electrochemistry, chemical and biomolecular engineering department; associate dean, research and physical resources, HSSEAS
- Linda Demer – professor of medicine, physiology and bioengineering; executive vice chair, department of medicine
- Bruce Dunn – Nippon Sheet Glass Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- Ramon Gomez – senior technical director, Broadcom Corporation
- Carlos Grijalva – professor of psychology and behavioral neuroscience; associate dean, UCLA Graduate Division
- Chih-Ming Ho – Ben Rich Lockheed Martin Chair in Advanced Aerospace Technologies, mechanical and aerospace engineering department
- Eric Hoek – professor of civil and environmental engineering
- Diana Huffaker – professor of electrical engineering; member of the California NanoSystems Institute and of the Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
- Richard Kaner – professor of chemistry and biochemistry, and of materials science and engineering
- Richard Korf – professor of computer science
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. Please email inquiries, nominations and applications to HSSEASDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu.
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on ideal qualities and qualifications for the new dean, current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003 or email@example.com). All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost