UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Vice Chancellors and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next Administrative Vice Chancellor at UCLA.
Steven A. Olsen, vice chancellor and chief financial officer, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Jim Davis – vice provost, information technology
- Monroe Gorden Jr. – associate vice chancellor, student affairs administration
- Dominique M. Hanssens – Bud Knapp Distinguished Professor of Marketing, UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Nurit Katz – chief sustainability officer; executive officer, UCLA Facilities Management
- Lubbe Levin – associate vice chancellor, campus human resources
- David E. Lopez – professor of sociology, emeritus
- Susan G. Santon – associate vice chancellor, capital planning and finance
- Paul A. Staton – chief financial officer, UCLA Health System
- Maurice M. Salter – member and past chair, UCLA Foundation Board of Directors; president and CEO, LoanAmerica
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Korn Ferry, represented by John F. Amer.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the vice chancellor; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for UCLA Administration; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email inquiries, nominations and input to AdminVCsearch@conet.ucla.edu, or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (email@example.com). Applications may be sent to UCLAAdministrativeVC@kornferry.com. All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost