UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty in the School of Nursing, Vice Chancellors and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the UCLA School of Nursing.
Timothy Brewer – vice provost for interdisciplinary and cross-campus affairs; professor of medicine – is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Craig R. Fox – Harold Williams Chair in Management; professor of strategy, psychology and medicine
- Arthur G. Gomez – professor of clinical medicine and of general internal medicine
- Karen A. Grimley – chief nurse executive, UCLA Health; assistant dean, UCLA School of Nursing
- Gerald F. Kominski – professor of health policy and management; director, UCLA Center for Health Policy Research
- Deborah Koniak-Griffin – professor of nursing; Audrienne H. Moseley Endowed Chair in Women’s Health Research; associate dean for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Diana V. Messadi – professor of dentistry; chair, Section of Oral Medicine and Orofacial Pain; associate dean for education and faculty development
- Wendie A. Robbins – professor and Audrienne H. Moseley Endowed Chair in Nursing; professor of environmental health sciences
- Mary A. Woo – professor of nursing
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson Miller, represented by David Bellshaw, Cati Mitchell and Brett Barbour.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to NursingDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (email@example.com). Inquiries and applications may be sent to UCLANursing@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost