Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs
UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty in the Luskin School of Public Affairs, Vice Chancellors and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs.
Linda Sarna – interim dean, UCLA School of Nursing; professor and Lulu Wolf Hassenplug Endowed Chair in Nursing – is chair of the committee. Other members are:
• Rosina M. Becerra – professor of social welfare
• Evelyn A. Blumenberg – professor and chair, Department of Urban Planning
• Michael Chwe – professor of political science
• Todd M. Franke – professor and chair, Department of Social Welfare
• Vickie M. Mays – professor of psychology, and of health policy and management
• Mark A. Peterson – professor and chair, Department of Public Policy; professor of political science and of law
• Susan F. Rice – chair, UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs Board of Advisors; senior consulting associate, Brakeley Briscoe Inc.
• Daniel G. Solorzano – professor of social sciences and comparative education, GSE&IS
• Abel Valenzuela Jr. – professor and chair, César E. Chávez Department of Chicana/o Studies; professor of urban planning
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Witt/Kieffer, represented by Mary Elizabeth Taylor and Robin Mamlet.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to PublicAffairsDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (email@example.com). Inquiries and applications may be sent to UCLALuskinPublicAffairs@wittkieffer.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost