UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Vice Chancellors, Vice Provosts and Legal Affairs Staff
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next vice chancellor of legal affairs and associate general counsel. This position reports jointly to the UCLA chancellor and the UC general counsel and vice president for legal affairs.
Jennifer L. Mnookin, dean of the UCLA School of Law and the David G. Price and Dallas P. Price Professor of Law, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Julia M. C. Friedlander – deputy general counsel – educational affairs, campus service, public accountability and governance (University of California)
- Carole E. Goldberg – vice chancellor, academic personnel; Jonathan D. Varat Distinguished Professor of Law
- John C. Mazziotta – vice chancellor, UCLA Health Sciences; CEO, UCLA Health
- Steven A. Olsen – vice chancellor and chief financial officer
- Daniel W. Park – chief campus counsel (UC San Diego)
- Karen Jensen Petrulakis – chief deputy general counsel and deputy general counsel – litigation (University of California)
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Korn Ferry, represented by consultants John F. Amer and Priscilla Angelich. The search committee and consultants are gathering input and information for the search and would welcome inquiries, nominations and applications for the position.
The following position announcement will soon appear in a number of publications. Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your assistance in notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for this position. Please transmit inquiries, nominations and applications to John F. Amer, Esq., at UCLALegalAffairsVC@kornferry.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost