Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty in the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music, Vice Chancellors and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the dean of the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music.
David C. Schaberg, dean of the Division of Humanities, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
• Lily Chen-Hafteck – professor of music
• Nina Sun Eidsheim – professor of musicology
• Alicia Gaspar de Alba – professor of Chicana/o studies, English and gender studies
• Michael Hackett – professor of theater
• Peter Kazaras – professor of music; director of Opera UCLA
• Mark Kligman – professor of ethnomusicology and musicology; Mickey Katz Endowed Chair in Jewish Music
• James Newton – distinguished professor of ethnomusicology
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson Miller, represented by David Bellshaw, Brett Barbour and Cati Mitchell-Crossley.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to HASOMDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at HASOMDean@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost