UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty, Vice Chancellors, and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next vice chancellor, academic personnel.
Jennifer L. Mnookin, dean of the UCLA School of Law and David G. Price and Dallas P. Price Professor of Law, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Denise R. Aberle – professor and vice chair, Department of Radiological Science; professor of bioengineering
- Ali Behdad – John Charles Hillis Professor of Literature; professor of English and comparative literature
- Andrea M. Ghez – Lauren B. Leichtman & Arthur E. Levine Chair in Astrophysics; professor of physics & astronomy
- Jonathan R. Hiatt – professor of surgery and vice dean for faculty, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Luisa Iruela-Arispe – professor of molecular, cell and developmental biology
- Robin D. G. Kelley – Gary B. Nash Endowed Chair in United States History; professor of African American studies
- Brian Kite – professor and chair, Department of Theater
- Paul H. Krebsbach – dean, UCLA School of Dentistry; professor of dentistry
- Ananya Roy – professor of urban planning, social welfare and geography
- Victoria Vesna – professor of design | media arts
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. Please email inquiries, nominations and applications to VCAcadPersonnelSearch@conet.ucla.edu.
As an important part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the campus community on critical issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the vice chancellor, ideal qualities and qualifications for the position, and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. If you are interested in providing input to the committee, please contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org). All input, inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost