Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of Continuing Education and UCLA Extension
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, UCLA Extension Instructors and Staff, Vice Chancellors and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of continuing education and UCLA Extension.
Gregg Goldman, vice chancellor and chief financial officer, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Barbara M. Bates-Jensen – professor of nursing and of medicine; member, Committee on Continuing and Community Education; member, Steering Committee for Online Teaching and Learning
- Sheila C. King – program director, Department of Humanities and Sciences, UCLA Extension
- Adrienne Lavine – professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering; associate vice provost, Center for the Advancement of Teaching
- Jens Palsberg – professor of computer science; chair, Council on Planning and Budget
- Marilyn N. Raphael – professor of geography
- Margaret J. Shih – professor of management and organizations; incoming associate vice chancellor, BruinX
- Daniel G. Solórzano – professor of social science and comparative education and of Chicana/o studies; director of UC/ACCORD
- Brett B. Steele – dean, School of the Arts and Architecture
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Korn Ferry, represented by search consultants John Amer and Brett Fowler.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for UCLA Extension; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to ExtensionDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLAExtension@kornferry.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost