Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty in the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, Vice Chancellors and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the dean of the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health.
Gary M. Segura, dean of the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs and professor of public policy, political science and Chicana and Chicano studies, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Onyebuchi A. Arah – professor of epidemiology and of statistics
- Sudipto Banerjee – professor and chair, Department of Biostatistics
- Jennie E. Brand – professor of sociology and statistics; director, California Center for Population Research; co-director, Center for Social Statistics
- Marjorie Kagawa-Singer – research professor/professor emerita of community health sciences and of Asian American studies
- Gerald Kominski – professor of health policy and management and of public policy
- Anne R. Pebley – distinguished professor and Fred H. Bixby Chair, Department of Community Health Sciences; professor of sociology; director, Bixby Center on Population and Reproductive Health
- Yifang Zhu – professor of environmental health sciences; associate dean for academic programs, Fielding School of Public Health
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson Miller, represented by David Bellshaw and Brett Barbour.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to PublicHealthDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLAPublicHealthDean@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost