Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the UCLA School of Education and Information Studies
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the position of dean of the UCLA School of Education and Information Studies (Ed&IS).
Jennifer L. Mnookin, dean of the UCLA School of Law and Ralph and Shirley Shapiro Professor of Law, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Ron Avi Astor – Marjorie Crump Professor of Social Welfare; professor of education
- Mitchell J. Chang – professor of education and of Asian American studies
- Eddie R. Cole – associate professor of education
- Anne J. Gilliland – professor of information studies; associate dean for information studies, Ed&IS
- Rashmita S. Mistry – professor of education; vice chair for undergraduate education, Ed&IS
- Ellen J. Pearlstein – professor, information studies and the UCLA/Getty Program in the Conservation of Archaeological and Ethnographic Materials
- Jody Z. Priselac – adjunct professor of education and associate dean for community programs, Ed&IS; chair, UCLA Community School Shared Governance Council; member, UCLA Lab School Board of Advisors
- Cecilia Rios-Aguilar – professor of education; associate dean for equity and inclusion, Ed&IS
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, WittKieffer, represented by search consultants Robin Mamlet, Suzanne Teer, and Alejandra Gillette-Teran.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges, and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to SEISDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (email@example.com). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLASEISDean@wittkieffer.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Emily A. Carter
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost