A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the dean of the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television.
Brett B. Steele, dean of the School of the Arts and Architecture, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Myung Hee Cho – professor, Department of Theater; associate dean for equity, diversity and inclusion, School of Theater, Film and Television
- Kristy Edmunds – executive and artistic director, UCLA’s Center for the Art of Performance
- Liza Johnson – professor, Department of Film, Television and Digital Media
- Peter Kazaras – Inaugural Susan G. Covel and Mitchel D. Covel, M.D., Chair in Music; professor of music; director of Opera UCLA
- Gina Kim – professor, Department of Film, Television and Digital Media
- Deborah Nadoolman Landis – distinguished professor, departments of Theater and Film, Television and Digital Media; founding director and chair, The David C. Copley Center for Costume Design
- Sean Metzger – professor, departments of Theater and Film, Television and Digital Media; vice chair for undergraduate studies, Department of Theater
- David Roussève – distinguished professor, Department of World Arts and Cultures/Dance
- José Luis Valenzuela – professor emeritus, Department of Theater
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson Miller, represented by Brett Barbour, David Bellshaw, and Phuong Ta.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges, and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to TFTDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (email@example.com). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLATFT@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Emily A. Carter
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost