A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the position of Dean of Graduate Education.
Brian Kite, interim dean of the School of Theater, Film and Television and professor of theater, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Robert Cooper – associate professor of education; co-director, UCLA Principal Leadership Institute
- Anna S. Lau – professor and vice chair of graduate studies, Department of Psychology; associate dean for inclusive excellence, Division of Life Sciences
- Joseph A. Loo – professor of chemistry and biochemistry, and of biological chemistry
- Marissa K. López – professor of English and of Chicana/o Studies
- Gregory S. Payne – professor of biological chemistry; senior associate dean of bioscience graduate education, David Geffen School of Medicine; director of graduate programs in bioscience; associate dean of graduate education, Division of Life Sciences
- Jessica Rett – professor and director of graduate studies, Department of Linguistics
- Brooke A. Scelza – associate professor of anthropology
- Richard D. Wesel – professor of electrical and computer engineering; associate dean of academic and student affairs, UCLA Samueli School of Engineering
Chancellor Block and I have decided to fill the position through a UCLA/UC-focused search. I invite you to review the announcement, and to nominate — ideally by or before Friday, April 2 — any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The search committee also welcomes input on current issues and priorities that could help set the agenda for the new dean, ideal qualities and qualifications for the new dean, and other information or insights that will help inform and guide the committee’s work. If you wish to be considered for the position, please submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae by Wednesday, April 28.
Please email input, inquiries, nominations, and applications to GradEducationDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu, or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive searches in the Office of the Chancellor (310-206-8003, email@example.com). All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Emily A. Carter
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost