Search/Advisory Committee: Dean of the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Tracy L. Johnson, dean of the Division of Life Sciences; Keith and Cecilia Terasaki Presidential Endowed Chair; and professor of molecular, cell and developmental biology, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- E. Dale Abel – William S. Adams Distinguished Professor of Medicine; chair, Department of Medicine
- Alex A. T. Bui – professor of radiological sciences, bioengineering and bioinformatics
- Arturo Vargas Bustamante – professor of health policy and management
- Karen A. Grimley – chief nurse executive, UCLA Health; assistant dean, School of Nursing
- Helena Hansen – professor of anthropology and of psychiatry & biobehavioral sciences
- Langston T. Holly – professor, executive vice chair and vice chair of clinical affairs, Department of Neurosurgery; chair-elect, DGSOM Faculty Executive Committee
- Alice A. Kuo – professor of medicine, pediatrics and health policy and management
- Jennifer M. Lucero – associate professor of anesthesiology and of obstetrics and gynecology; associate dean for admissions, DGSOM
- Carol M. Mangione – Barbara A. Levey & Gerald S. Levey Distinguished Professor of Medicine and Health Policy and Management
- Jeff F. Miller – professor of microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics; Fred Kavli Chair in NanoSystems Sciences; director, California NanoSystems Institute
- Karen Reue – professor of human genetics and of medicine
- Anna Spain Bradley – vice chancellor for equity, diversity and inclusion; professor of law
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson, Miller, represented by David Bellshaw, Ernest Brooks, Carley Davenport and Tiffany Weber.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to DGSOMDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLADGSOMDeanSearch@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost