A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the dean of the UCLA School of Law.
Rosina M. Becerra, professor emerita of Chicana/o and Central American studies, ethnomusicology and social welfare; senior associate director of the Center for Minority Health Care Disparities; and faculty development liaison in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Personnel, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- LaToya Baldwin Clark – assistant professor of law
- William C. Boyd – Michael J. Klein Chair in Law; professor of law; faculty co-director, Emmett Institute on Climate Change and the Environment
- Scott L. Cummings – Robert Henigson Professor of Legal Ethics; professor of law
- Cheryl I. Harris – Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Professor in Civil Rights and Civil Liberties; vice dean for community, equality and justice, School of Law
- Barbara Herman – Griffin Professor of Philosophy; professor of law
- James Park – professor of law
- R. Bradley Sears – David Sanders Distinguished Scholar of Law & Policy and founding executive director, The Williams Institute; associate dean of public interest law, School of Law
- Kirk J. Stark – Barrall Family Professor of Tax Law and Policy
- Lynn Vavreck – Marvin Hoffenberg Professor of American Politics and Public Policy; professor of political science and of communication
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson Miller, represented by Tim McFeeley, Cati Mitchell-Crossley and Jaime Morgen.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to LawDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLALawDeanSearch@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost