A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the dean of the UCLA School of Law.
Gary M. Segura, dean of the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs and professor of public policy, political science and Chicana and Chicano studies, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- LaToya Baldwin Clark – assistant professor of law
- William C. Boyd – Michael J. Klein Chair in Law; professor of law; faculty co-director, Emmett Institute on Climate Change and the Environment
- Scott L. Cummings – Robert Henigson Professor of Legal Ethics; professor of law
- Cheryl I. Harris – Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Professor in Civil Rights and Civil Liberties; vice dean for community, equality and justice, School of Law
- Barbara Herman – Griffin Professor of Philosophy; professor of law
- James Park – professor of law
- R. Bradley Sears – David Sanders Distinguished Scholar of Law & Policy and founding executive director, The Williams Institute; associate dean of public interest law, School of Law
- Kirk J. Stark – Barrall Family Professor of Tax Law and Policy
- Lynn Vavreck – Marvin Hoffenberg Professor of American Politics and Public Policy; professor of political science and of communication
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson Miller, represented by Tim McFeeley, Cati Mitchell-Crossley and Jaime Morgen.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to LawDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLALawDeanSearch@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost