A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next university librarian.
Wendelin Slusser, associate vice provost for the Semel Healthy Campus Initiative Center at UCLA and clinical professor of pediatrics, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- David Cappoli – director of web operations, UCLA Law Communications; chair, Los Angeles chapter of the Librarians’ Association of the University of California (2022–23)
- John Colicelli – professor and vice chair, Department of Biological Chemistry
- Kimberley Gomez – professor of education and information studies
- Christopher Johanson – associate professor of classics and digital humanities; chair, Program in Digital Humanities
- Christopher M. Kelty – professor of information studies, anthropology, and Institute for Society and Genetics
- R. Carlo Medina – director of access services, UCLA Library
- Renee R. Romero – science librarian; chair-elect, Los Angeles chapter of the Librarians’ Association of the University of California (2022–23)
- Derjung Mimi Tarn – professor of family medicine; former chair, Committee on Library & Scholarly Communication
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, WittKieffer, represented by search consultants Jessica Herrington, Maya E. Holt-Brockenbrough and Suzanne Teer.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the position; current opportunities, challenges and priorities for the next university librarian; and any other information or insights that will help guide the committee’s efforts. We expressly invite input and nominations via the online Community Feedback Survey, by email to our confidential search address UniversityLibrarianSearch@conet.ucla.edu or by contacting Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor, at TConsidine@conet.ucla.edu. Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our search consultants at UCLAUniversityLibrarian@wittkieffer.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence among committee members and consultants.
Thank you for your assistance.
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost