A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for the next vice chancellor for legal affairs and chief campus counsel. This position reports jointly to the UCLA chancellor and executive vice chancellor and provost, and to the UC general counsel and vice president for legal affairs.
- Carole E. Goldberg, distinguished research professor and Jonathan D. Varat Distinguished Professor of Law Emerita, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Mitchell J. Chang – interim vice provost for equity, diversity and inclusion; professor of education and Asian American studies
- Andrea Gunn Eaton – chief campus counsel, UC Irvine
- John C. Mazziotta – vice chancellor, UCLA Health Sciences; CEO, UCLA Health
- Greta W. Schnetzler – chief campus counsel, UC San Francisco
- Valerie C. Shelton – senior principal counsel, health affairs and employment, UC Legal Office of the General Counsel
- Michael Waterstone – professor and dean, UCLA Law
- Noah D. Zatz – professor of law and labor studies
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Isaacson, Miller, represented by search consultants Katheryne Martínez, Tim McFeeley and Cati Mitchell-Crossley.
I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the position; key priorities for the next vice chancellor; and any other information or insights that will help guide the committee’s efforts. We invite input and nominations via the online survey, by email to our confidential search address LegalAffairsVCSearch@conet.ucla.edu, or by contacting Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor, at TConsidine@conet.ucla.edu. Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our search consultants at UCLAcounsel@imsearch.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence among committee members and consultants.
Thank you for your assistance.
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost